Need some gift inspiration for that special wellness warrior in your life? Here are my top picks for someone beginning a health and wellness journey:
Below are my healthy kitchen staples:
- Juicer – I swear by my Omega Vert
- Blender – I am a big fan of my Ninja
- Cast Iron Skillet – This is cheap and necessary in a healthy kitchen.
- Crock-pot – My crock-pot has saved my life during busy weekday evenings. It is a total game changer for someone who wants to get healthy, but may not have a lot of time.
- Cookbooks – Try something inspiring and healthy: Skinnytaste, the hilarious Thug Kitchen, Make Your Own Rules Diet, or anything by Kris Carr.
Candle (these wrap up perfectly with a journal)
The Joyologist and Gabby Bernstein both have awesome affirmation cards. Your wellness warrior could read them in the morning for a nice little high five or pull them out at anytime for an inspirational nudge.
There are so many to choose from and they really range in price, so get what you feel comfortable giving and throw in a gift certificate to a local class.
Fashionable Fitness Gear
One of my top suggestions for fitness newbies is to reward themselves each time they reach a new goal. If they made it to three yoga classes one week, then they might want to pick up a new tank from Spiritual Gangster. If they sweat it out at 4 weekly spin classes for one month, then they could treat themselves to a new pair of lululemon crops. You could help with that extrinsic motivation by sticking a gift card in their stocking.